Quilter Financial Planning Client Privacy Notice
This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This privacy notice explains:
- Who we are;
- Your rights;
- Exercising your rights;
- Finding out more;
In this document, “We”, “Us” and refers to Ripley Wales Financial Planning (RWFP), Quilter Financial Planning and its subsidiary companies.
Who we are
At RWFP we respect your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
RWFP is and Positive Solutions are trading styles of Quilter Financial Planning Solutions Limited RWFP provide financial planning solutions and advice through experienced and qualified advisers based in the UK.
Currently, RWFP and Quilter Financial Planning (Quilter) jointly determine the purposes and means of processing personal client data relating to giving advice. This means we’re joint data controllers for these core advice giving activities and therefore responsible for managing this client data and ensuring compliance.
However, RWFP is solely responsible for some activities, for example any direct marketing that we undertake.
We will comply with relevant data protection law. Such laws require that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you;
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
- Accurate and kept up to date;
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about; and
- Kept securely.
We try to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information and therefore have outlined your rights below
You have the right to ask us:
- whether we are processing your personal information and the purposes (the right to be informed) – this is delivered through ‘fair processing information’ such as this Privacy Notice;
- for a copy of the personal information that we hold about you (the right of access);
- to update or correct your personal information (the right to rectification);
- to delete your information (the right to erasure); and
- to restrict processing of your personal information where appropriate (the right to restrict processing).
In certain circumstances you also have the right to:
- object to the processing of your personal information (the right to object);
- object to automated decision making and profiling (the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling); and
- request that information about you is provided to a third party in a commonly used, machine readable form (the right to data portability).
Exercising your rights
For information about your individual rights, including how to correct, restrict, delete, make changes to your personal information or if you wish to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please contact us by emailing us at QFPDataGuardian@quilter.com
Finding out more
Our Privacy Notice RWFP Privacy Notice, holds much more information about the rights you have over your personal data, and how to contact us if you have any questions. Please write to:
The Office of Data Protection,
Quilter Financial Planning Ltd,
85 Queen Victoria Street,